LEDs for fault indication in harsh environments
Aerco has announced the availability in the UK of ruggedised, full colour spectrum LEDs from L3 Electrodynamics for use in the defence, aerospace, industrial and avionics industries.
The ML1631E (rear mount) and ML2031E (front mount) are LED-based indicators that are claimed to offer advantages over segmented tri-colour LEDs.
Virtually unlimited colours can be obtained by using either different resistor combinations or pulse-width modulation, according to Aerco.
Designed to meet MIL-STD-202 standards, they provide a high degree of protection against vibration, shock, humidity, altitude and salt spray, making them suitable for fault and status indication in harsh environments.
According to Aerco, they will prove particularly valuable for use in equipment in the defence, aerospace, industrial, avionics, manufacturing, communications, and transportation industries, plus other areas that demand high reliability.
Both LEDs have a black anodised front bezel, a clear chromate case, providing a conductive surface for EMI protection and a fluorosilicone O-ring to provide a seal to the panel.
The operating temperature range is from -40C to +85C and the storage temperature from -55C to +100C.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
- Line laser can be focused without tools
- Avago introduces high-power LEDs
- CMOS image sensor for smart phone cameras
- Yi LEDs target advanced lighting applications
- LED for outdoor signage display applications
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active components (13556)
- Passive components (3584)
- Design and development (10248)
- Enclosures and panel products (3983)
- Interconnection (3643)
- Electronics manufacturing, packaging (3484)
- Industry news (2106)
- Optoelectronics (1959)
- Power supplies (3009)
- Subassemblies (5623)
- Test and measurement (5784)