MPEG compression board supports ARM platforms
The MicroMPEG4 from Advanced Micro Peripherals is a sub-credit-card-sized, four-channel MPEG-4 video compression module based on the 32-bit mini PCI form factor.
The MicroMPEG4 is said to provide a low-power solution for capturing and compressing up to four concurrent live analogue video and audio inputs to full D1 resolution using MPEG-4.
The MicroMPEG4 is said to provide a low-power solution for capturing and compressing up to four concurrent live analogue video and audio inputs to full D1 resolution using MPEG-4
The compression module can also decompress and playback recordings from storage to display and offers an additional incoming live video path for simultaneous preview on the host screen.
The MicroMPEG4 is claimed by Advanced Micro Peripherals to be ideal for space-constrained and deeply embedded, long-life video applications.
The MicroMPEG4 is now supported with Linux drivers for ARM platforms as well as standard x86 systems, making it suitable for platform solutions using Intel's IXP4xx family of ARM/Xscale network communication processors.
The combination of these Intel ARM-compatible solutions and the MicroMPEG4 enables developers to create monitoring solutions with resilient, fully encrypted network communications.
For surveillance and monitoring applications, the MicroMPEG4 enables text and simple graphics overlays to be combined with the live video for both preview and compression.
The supplied SDK enables data such as camera identification, date/time, location data and frame numbers to be easily added to the video image.
The MicroMPEG4 is supported by a suite of drivers for PC-based Windows 2000/XP, Linux and QNX systems along with Linux drivers for ARM platforms - the standard video recording SDK and sample applications are supplied free with the module.
AMP also offers a Video Streaming SDK to enable the compressed video to be streamed over an IP network.
The board can be optimised for specific application needs by balancing the number of channels used against the image size and frame rate.
The board also features motion detection and a babysitting mode in which recording of incoming video is initiated only when a motion event occurs within the field of interest.
This is said to minimise storage requirements and demands on operators' concentration.
Applications include solid-state digital video recorder, intranet/internet video streaming, remote video surveillance and multi-camera traffic monitoring.
An extended temperature version with an operating temperature rating of -40C to +85C is also available.
Not what you're looking for? Search the site.
Tel +44 1353 659 500
- Controller board relieves host processor loading
Advanced Micro Peripherals' VAC2000 PC/104-Plus multichannel video annotation and overlay controller board features two real-time analogue NTSC/PAL input channels.
Advanced Micro Peripherals offers the Vcodec-H264
Advanced Micro Peripherals' Vcodec-H264 is a single channel H264 Codec on a single PC/104-plus form factor.
Mini-PCI card runs four MPEG4 channels
Card enables high-quality real-time video and audio capture and compression from one, two or four concurrent Pal or NTSC video sources to disk.
Video codec adds watermark authentication
Board is ideal for applications such as evidential video data collection where confidence in the source and authenticity of the original data is essential.
Video board embeds four into one
Low power PC/104 board combines up to four NTSC/Pal video inputs with blended text and graphics overlay into a single composite video output.
Request your free weekly copy of the Electronicstalk email newsletter ...
Browse by category
- Active Components (11,691)
- Active Components (4)
- Analogue and Mixed Signal ICs (1,752)
- Communications ICs (Wired) (1,811)
- Communications ICs (Wireless) (1,598)
- Discrete Power Devices (426)
- Memory Devices and Modules (765)
- Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and DSPs (2,168)
- Power Supply ICs and Controllers (2,419)
- Programmable Logic Devices (603)
- Standard Logic Devices (145)
- Design and Development (9,566)
- Electronics Manufacturing, Packaging (3,218)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (3,435)
- Enclosures and Panel Products (2)
- Fans and Blowers (227)
- Floor-Standing Racks, Cabinets, Enclosures (252)
- Gaskets, Seals and Screens (125)
- Handheld and Other Small Enclosures (139)
- Heatsinks and Thermal Management (201)
- Indicators and Audio (80)
- Instrument Cases, Benchtop, Wall-Mounting Enclosures (344)
- LCD Modules (489)
- Monitors (134)
- Other OEM Display Modules, Meters (240)
- Printers, Knobs, Bezels, Other Panelware (155)
- Rotary Controls, Joysticks etc (138)
- Switches and Keyboards (595)
- Touchscreens and Touch Sensors (307)
- Industry News (1,964)
- Interconnection (3,106)
- Optoelectronics (1,739)
- Passive Components (3,180)
- Power Supplies (2,524)
- Subassemblies (4,935)
- Test and Measurement (5,237)